Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Fireworks safety in spotlight after high-profile injuries View
- Who could forget a baby? It’s easier than you think.View
- May is National Bike Month. Be safe! View
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- The holidays are one of the busiest times to be on the road. Be prepared for increased traffic & #stayalert in busy… https://t.co/rR0NHr9CeE
- .@NSCsafety tips for holiday safety, including watering natural trees frequently & turning off tree lights & decora… https://t.co/H7JfrPano5
- .@safekids tips to keep kids stay safe around the holidays, incl. moving breakable ornaments to the top of the tree. https://t.co/Qmr9FLX866
- “Trouble in Toyland” lists toys that might seem like a great gift but pose dangers to children. See the list… https://t.co/oxJzeOvxW1
- .@safekids 5 tips to help your family stay safe on #Thanksgiving in the car, kitchen & by the fireplace. https://t.co/gI5S9hQNtM