Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Fireworks safety in spotlight after high-profile injuries View
- Who could forget a baby? It’s easier than you think.View
- May is National Bike Month. Be safe! View
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- A distracted parent or caregiver can forget a quiet or sleeping child in the car. It can happen to anyone. #checkforbaby
- Kids’ body temperatures rise 3-5x faster than adults’ body. Call 911 immediately if you see a child in a hot car. #heatstrokekills
- Clothing, hair & limbs can get caught in pool or hot tub drains. Anti-entrapment drain covers can help protect your family. #poolsafety
- Use a #waterwatcher card to designate an adult in charge of watching kids in the pool. http://t.co/AfPYx1vB9p
- RT @BN9traffic: All lanes of U.S. 19 closed at Sunset Point Rd in Clearwater due to downed wires. http://t.co/50hNAsZ54A