Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Fireworks safety in spotlight after high-profile injuries View
- Who could forget a baby? It’s easier than you think.View
- May is National Bike Month. Be safe! View
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Tips from @NSCsafety: Eliminate light & avoid using electronic devices before bedtime to get a full night’s rest.… https://t.co/Ahu0Gto1wZ
- RT @NSCsafety: Are you tired? 27% of the U.S. workforce are sleep deprived. Plan ahead & get 7-9 hr of sleep to #KeepEachOtherSafe https://…
- Tips from @safekids: Enroll children in age-appropriate swim lessons & install fences around home pools. https://t.co/YmqgdexUHs
- Drowning is the #1 cause of death for children under the age of 4. Pool safety tips from @safekids. https://t.co/QJIkN60Alx
- RT @NSCsafety: Active shooter situations are unpredictable. Be aware of the nearest exits in places you visit. https://t.co/4zcePtikUr #Kee…