Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Use bike lanes to stay safe while enjoying a bike ride. If none are available, use a car lane & follow regular traffic rules #bikesafety
- Celebrate #BikeMonth with a fun trail ride at #FortDeSoto or on the @PinellasTrail
- RT @TampaBayTraffic: ALERT: Westbound lanes of Gulfport Blvd S. (6100 block) closed due to a fatal single-car crash. Gulfport police office…
- RT @nyspolice: Text messaging requires visual, manual, and cognitive attention from the driver, it is by far the most alarming distraction.…
- RT @NHTSAgov: 10% of all fatal crashes in 2013 were due to distraction. Save your life by putting down the phone. #justdrive http://t.co/IE…