Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- RT @TrooperBenKHP: Planning a SuperBowl party? Chips ? Dip ? Snacks ? Drinks ? #DesignatedDriver ?
- .@SafeKidsUSA estimates 31% of teens feel unsafe w/ a distracted driver. Save phone calls, texts & eating for when the car is parked.
- Nightly lane closures on #US19 from Countryside Blvd & Sunset Point Rd start today & cont. until Fri (1/29), 10:30p – 5:30a #Pinellastraffic
- Walking around your car before pulling out to make sure the area is clear of children can prevent many injuries or fatalities #childsafety
- #Clearwater: road closures on #US19 between Whitney Rd & SR 60 start tonight at 7pm #Pinellastraffic