Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | Advice | How to Guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Toy Safety Tips: Sunstar’s Charlene Cobb, gives tips on what to look out for when shopping for toys on Fox 13′s “Good Day Tampa Bay.” – View
- Halloween safety guide for parents and kids… View
- Starting Oct. 1, texting while driving will be illegal in Florida… View
- Don’t go to the beach without reading this first… View
- 7 things to think about when you make a 911 call… View
- Child Passenger Safety… View
- Dont’ be a distracted driver… View
- Road Rage in West-Central Florida… View
- As kids go back to school, bike safety is a priority… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Last week a hit-&-run driver killed a pedestrian crossing 4th St. Anyone with info, call St. Pete Police 727-893-7780http://ow.ly/uqgcA
- Every 3 weeks, a child is killed by a television tip-over. @SafeKidsUSA shares some ways to avoid these accidents http://t.co/rMnwAsHRYd
- A milling and resurfacing project will affect traffic around East Lake High School (Ridgeline Blvd, Silver Eagle Dr, Bryan Ln) until March 7
- Belleair Forest Drive, from Mahlenbacher to Poinsetta Rd. will remained closed until March 7
- Expect lane closures on Riverside Drive from Tarpon Dr. to Venetian Ct. until March 21 for sidewalk upgrades