Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | Advice | How to Guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Top 25 Most Dangerous Intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
- Toy Safety Tips: Sunstar’s Charlene Cobb, gives tips on what to look out for when shopping for toys on Fox 13′s “Good Day Tampa Bay.” – View
- Halloween safety guide for parents and kids… View
- Starting Oct. 1, texting while driving will be illegal in Florida… View
- Don’t go to the beach without reading this first… View
- 7 things to think about when you make a 911 call… View
- Child Passenger Safety… View
- Dont’ be a distracted driver… View
- Road Rage in West-Central Florida… View
- As kids go back to school, bike safety is a priority… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Harborside Dr. (between Halyard Dr. & Tradewinds Blvd.) closed today for a sewer main repair. It will remain closed until 7/25
- It only takes 10 min. for your car’s temperature to increase by 20 degrees, which can be fatal for children left unattended #heatstroke
- RT @NCAA_SSI: Always wear sunscreen during outdoor activities. Clouds do not block UV rays, they only filter them. #UVSafetyMonth
- What should you do if you see a child alone in a car? Dial 911 – emergency personnel are trained to respond. http://t.co/1g4DxsRnpF
- Go the extra step: Protect your skin from skin cancer by doing a skin self-exam. Learn how: http://t.co/5PDmToXGcd #UVsafetymonth