Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Who could forget a baby? It’s easier than you think.View
- May is National Bike Month. Be safe! View
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Firework didn’t light? Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 min. then soak it in a bucket of water. #4thofJuly
- Happy #4thofJuly! There are lots of outdoor activities happening in Pinellas Co. today. Be alert for increased pedestrian traffic.
- RT @TampaBayTraffic: ALERT: The Memorial Causeway Bridge will be closed tonight for the fireworks show in Clearwater, per Clearwater PD. @C…
- 62 St (46 Ave – 54 Ave), 54 Ave (62 St – 58 St) & 58 St (54 Ave – 46 Ave) in #KennethCity will be closed for the #4thofJuly Parade.
- Main St. in Safety Harbor will be closed from 9am to noon today for the #4thofJuly Parade. #Pinellastraffic http://t.co/x0hqlLlAJW