Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | Advice | How to Guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Top 25 Most Dangerous Intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
- Toy Safety Tips: Sunstar’s Charlene Cobb, gives tips on what to look out for when shopping for toys on Fox 13′s “Good Day Tampa Bay.” – View
- Halloween safety guide for parents and kids… View
- Starting Oct. 1, texting while driving will be illegal in Florida… View
- Don’t go to the beach without reading this first… View
- 7 things to think about when you make a 911 call… View
- Child Passenger Safety… View
- Dont’ be a distracted driver… View
- Road Rage in West-Central Florida… View
- As kids go back to school, bike safety is a priority… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- #LaborDay usually sees an increase in drunk driving. Your best defense on the roads this weekend is wearing your seat belt
- How are you staying safe for #LaborDay? Tweet us your pictures or use #stayalertLDW to share your tips.
- If your child crosses the street to get on the school bus, make sure they wait until the driver signals that it is safe #backtoschool
- If you have young visitors for #LaborDay, remember to supervise them around your pets. Accidents may happen when your pet is overwhelmed.
- Limiting distractions can help improve teen driving. If you are carpooling with a young child – give them a toy or book to stay occupied