Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists, advice & how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
- Toy Safety Tips: Sunstar’s Charlene Cobb, gives tips on what to look out for when shopping for toys on Fox 13’s “Good Day Tampa Bay.” – View
- Halloween safety guide for parents and kids… View
- Starting Oct. 1, texting while driving will be illegal in Florida… View
- Don’t go to the beach without reading this first… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- Holiday part hosts: encourage your guests to plan for a safe way home via a designated driver. http://t.co/RKQifaxpdK
- RT @IONTB: Avoid 38th Ave N between 66th St and Tyrone Blvd due to an extrication crash. No life threatening injuries. #stpete
- RT @NFPA: Holiday fire #safetytip: keep #candles at least 12 inches from anything that can burn http://t.co/Hjk64DW7Dx
- Check toys & household items for small button batteries. If swallowed, they can burn your child’s esophagus & stomach http://t.co/tfgzXlEQVs
- RT @safekidsusa: Congratulations to Mark Rosekind, new administrator for @NHTSAgov. We look forward to working with you to improve #childpa…