Sunstar’s campaign to help Pinellas stay safe on the road
and in daily life.
Don’t be the victim of a preventable tragedy. Here are helpful tools and tips from your local Sunstar safety experts on how to avoid emergency situations on the road and in real life.
Check back often for seasonal safety guides and essential emergency preparedness information for Pinellas County, or visit our Facebook page.
Sunstar Safety Resources
Checklists | advice | how to guides: This is what every emergency responder wants you to know.
- Recent Recalls – From the US Consumer Product Safety Commission View
- Safely Sharing the Road with Non-Motorists View
- Check for Safety: A Home Fall Prevention Checklist for Older Adults View
- Sunstar Emergency Information Sheet View
- Fireworks safety in spotlight after high-profile injuries View
- Who could forget a baby? It’s easier than you think.View
- May is National Bike Month. Be safe! View
- Preventing playground falls and injuries View
- Safety is key to fun at the beach View
- New Florida law increases age for car seats View
- Gift guide for children: Tips for finding safe toys View
- Staying safe on the road in the dark View
- Treats, not tricks: avoiding Halloween scares View
- Preparing for the inevitable: an emergency situation View
- Child passenger safety View
- Sharing the road with emergency vehicles… View
- Top 25 most dangerous intersections… View
- Every parent should have this talk with their teen drivers… View
Up to the minute safety alerts, news and tips.
- F.A.S.T is a quick way to remember signs of #stroke – if you notice Face drooping, Arm weakness or Speech difficult… https://t.co/2PUl1mSYdr
- Heart disease is the #1 killer in women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year. @GoRedForWomen encourages women to know t… https://t.co/Ao8Kf1Bc79
- A #stroke is the No. 5 leading cause of death in the U.S. It cuts off your brain’s oxygen supply & requires immedia… https://t.co/Rpz5AbCsPq
- No matter your age, everyone can benefit from a healthy diet and adequate physical activity. #AmericanHeartMonth
- .@American_Heart provides tips to assess your risk for #heart disease, incl. how often to get certain health tests… https://t.co/LnMr1xZWeZ